AT A GLANCE
- It is industry standard for the factory to make the appropriate deductions for the product type and fixing position.
- Always us a metal tape measure.
- Always write down your measurements width x drop, take care not to reverse them.
- All measurements are required in millimeters.
- Measure every window, as they may have a slight variation that will affect your window furnishing from fitting perfectly.
- Check your windows for any obstacles that may impede the smooth operation of the blind which can include knobs, winders or handles. This will determine if a recess or facia fit is most suitable.
HOW TO MEASURE FOR A FACIA MOUNT
A. Measure the width from the outer edge of the architrave to the opposite edge. Measure at three width points and use the longest measurement.
B. Measure the drop from the top of the architrave to where you want the blind to finish. We recommend 10mm off the floor and 50-100mm below the frame. Measure the drop at three drop points and use the shortest measurement.
C. We recommend that you take the track past the architrave each side. This will give you more privacy, better light control and ensure that no architrave is visible down the sides of the blind. The distance you take the track is entirely optional. We highly recommend that you add at least 60/100mm. It is also important to ensure that you have no obstructions or furnishings that will impede the sliding or opening of the blades.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ARCHITRAVES AROUND WINDOW
A. Measure the opening and add at least 90-120m. This will ensure better light control and more privacy.
B. Measure the opening and add at least 70-100mm to the drop to allow the blind to be mounted above the opening. If the opening is to the floor deduct 10mm from the drop for clearance. Be aware of an obstructions.
LARGE WINDOW WITH SLIDING DOORS
These large windows require thoughtful choice of blinds to ensure ideal operation and function of the blinds and sliding doors. Generally a sliding door discourages a Recess fit and the most suitable option is a facia fit.
The most common Blind fitted to this type of window is either Roller or Verticle blinds which gives ideal heat and light control through the operation of angling the blades whilst the blind is fitted across the whole width of the windows.
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE CONTACT BUDGET BLINDS CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM ON
1300 547 408