AT A GLANCE
- It is industry standard for the factory to make the appropriate deductions for the product type and fixing position.
- Always us a metal tape measure.
- Always write down your measurements width x drop, take care not to reverse them.
- All measurements are required in millimeters.
- Measure every window, as they may have a slight variation that will affect your window furnishing from fitting perfectly.
- Check your windows for any obstacles that may impede the smooth operation of the blind which can include knobs, winders or handles. This will determine if a recess or facia fit is most suitable.
HOW TO MEASURE FOR A RECESS MOUNT
Measure the width from the inside of the window frame from left side to right. Measure at three width points -top, middle and base of reveal. This will be the bracket to bracket measurement. Use the smallest width measurement of the three.
Measure the drop from the top of the inside recess to the base of the inside sill. Measure at three drop points-left, middle and right and use the longest measurement.
A frame depth of 60mm is required for a Recess Fit to ensure that the blinds reasonably sit in the recess and so the brackets can be installed so that they do not protrude from the front of the frame. The minimum depth required is 30mm and any depth between 30mm and 60mm will result in the blind protruding slightly out of the recess. This will not however effect the functionality or aesthetics of the blind.
The blind fabric will be narrower than the bracket to bracket measurement. If the blind is a recess fit the will be marginal light gaps on each side of the blind.
DO NOT MAKE ANY DEDUCTIONS TO YOUR MEASUREMENTS AS OUR FACTORY WILL DO THIS FOR YOU TO ENSURE PERFECT FIT BUDGET BLINDS ONLINE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR BLINDS THAT DO NOT FIT HAVING NOT FOLLOWEDTHE DETAILED MEASURING INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED ON THIS SITE
FOR ASSISTANCE CONTACT BUDGET BLINDS CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM ON 1300 547 408