AT A GLANCE
- It is industry standard for the factory to make the appropriate deductions for the product type and fixing position.
- Always us a metal tape measure.
- Always write down your measurements width x drop, take care not to reverse them.
- All measurements are required in millimeters.
- Measure every window, as they may have a slight variation that will affect your window furnishing from fitting perfectly.
- Check your windows for any obstacles that may impede the smooth operation of the blind which can include knobs, winders or handles. This will determine if a recess or facia fit is most suitable.
HOW TO MEASURE FOR A FACIA MOUNT
Measure the width from the outside edge of the architrave to the outside edge of the opposite architrave at three width points. Use the largest measurement.
Measure from the top of architrave to the base of the lower architrave or floor. Measure at three drop points and use the longest drop measurement.
The blind fabric will be narrower than the bracket to bracket measurement. Some architrave will be visible on each side of the blind. Measuring and installing the blind on the wall past the architrave will avoid architraves being visible from the side when the blind is drawn down. (check for solid fixing points for brackets).
If you do not have architraves around the window:
A. Measure the opening and add at least 100mm to allow the cloth to go past the opening
B. Measure the opening and add at least 100mm to the drop to allow the blind to be mounted above the opening
LARGE WINDOW WITH SLIDING DOORS
These large windows require thoughtful choice of blinds to ensure ideal operation and function of the blinds and sliding doors. Generally a sliding door discourages a Recess fit and the most suitable option is a facia fit.
Where multiple blinds are required they are most commonly fitted as 3 blinds. One to fit across the sliding door and the two others for the remaining space, but generally all are fitted as a facia fit to ensure the sliding door can be opened and closed without hitting any obstacles. Link brackets can also be used in this instance, please call our customer service team for further information.
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE CONTACT BUDGET BLINDS CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM ON
1300 547 408